Monday, March 29, 2010

What are Friends For?


FMM: 9 miles

Dear friends, frenemies, & family,

Yes, the FFM (force march miles) is correct. Bob and I were scouting a seaside trail for our upcoming cycling visitors , Scott Foster & John Stegemann. The things we do for you guys! Our supposed scenic ocean view was actually a sandy expanse of soggy seaweed littered with unidentifiable and unmentionable items. We thought we saw at least one dead body. The tide was out. Bob, aware that he had me in his FMM grips as only he can and knowing that my ignorance precluded me knowing when the tide might come back in, marched me from Clontarf to Howth. I am still recovering. As always, I am doing these things for YOU, my friends...And for your edification, I have attached a picture of Bob on the walk. Look closely at the background. Notice the trees. I told you there were palm trees here. You didn't believe me...

Huffing and puffing,

I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Dad looks like a true Irishman in this picture, complete with stoic, half-smiling expression. By the way, the pictures are great! Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I figured out how to put them on all by myself??

    ReplyDelete