Friday, March 12, 2010

Celebrity Sighting

FMM: 1/2 mi

Hi, Saturday Slackers,

Shouldn't you be staining the deck, moving piles of dirt, resetting your mousetraps, or perhaps spraying for camel crickets? Do you really have time to check out who I saw at the airport yesterday while picking up my cousin? Most of you aren't worldly enough to know who this man is even when I tell you. As your Fulbright wife stand-in I have to know these things, but you don't...I'll give you a clue: he has long hair nearly to his waist and he was born in Hong Kong...Back to other things. I have another willing victim in my Irish tourist lair: Mike Mansfield from Iowa. Yes, he is now at my mercy for 12 days of Irish indoctrination. My brother Tom warned him that I would try to take him on "cultural tours", but that he should just ignore me and play golf! Well, first of all, my brother wouldn't know a cultural tour if I took him on one. Secondly, they'll be no frivolous golf-playing on my watch! I will be marching him to the Book of Hells (oops, I mean Kells) as soon as he wakes up!..Well, have your scratched your head long enough wondering who the celebrity is? I'll bet Amy Foster knew right away who it was: fashion designer John Rocha. See, you you never heard of him, right? Well, I never did either, but, like Jedward, he is in the papers constantly here...So, now you're in the know once again, so pat yourself on the back and go sweep out the garage! Neighbors in Columbia, feel free to sweep mine out while you're at it. I doubt that Molly knows where the push broom is. And if you're not doing anything, my deck could use a good staining...

Sighting and writing,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment