Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Hopping

FMM: 2 mi

Good Day, F/F/F/R (friends, foes, fans, relatives),

Begorra, the days go fast! My cousin Mike and I spent our day on a hop-on/hop-off tour. In between eating and drinking, we stopped at Dublin Castle and Kilmainham Jail. We then spent the evening crank calling our relatives before collapsing at 11. The suspense is building as St. Patrick's Day approaches. Will Mike really wear the foot high green top hat he showed me? Will Tizzie attempt to dance the jig at Stephen's Green? Will we discover that St. Patrick really isn't from Ireland at all? Will Bob get sloshed and sing "Danny Boy" in O'Brien's Pub? For the answers to these and other burning questions, tune in tomorrow.

Having your fun for you,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh the suspense! Meanwhile, we'll all be here in "Ho-humbia", nursing our hangovers at work on Thursday like the rest of the world. So don't forget to post about your antics bright & early so we can be distracted from the pain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what does that make the count for the jail? 5? do they know you by name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last count, I had taken the jail tour 4 times. I think I could give it. In fact, I wanted to tell yesterday's guide that he had left a part out, but I was able to keep my big fat mouth shut for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy,

    You don't think I would cook up antics just so I could blog about them, do you? What do you think this is, a reality show?? However, since my reader demands it, I will attempt to do something wild and crazy tomorrow. Maybe I will run onto the hurling field and do the "Bo Bo Ske Watan Datan" Cheer. (Only, Tim, Molly, and Nancy know what that is and they are all quaking in fear/shame right now).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Bo Bo thing--is it like Flamin' Mame? Again, I sense a theme here...

    Also, for those of us Irish Americans who are shamefully uninformed about all things Irish: the term "hurling field" conjures up all sorts of unpleasant images, and I certainly wouldn't want to "run onto" it.

    Thanks for all your blogging--I really enjoy your blogs AND your children commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol,

    Can't believe I've gotten a comment and haven't commented back. I must ALWAYS have the last word. Yes, the Bo Bo Cheer is along the line of Flamin' Mame or even my pantomiming of "The Bare Necessities" or "Face It, Girl". Now you have a hurling image to put in your mind!

    ReplyDelete