Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Long Lost Cousins

FMM: 4 mi

Hi, Friends & Relatives,

When we are at home in Ho-humbia* (oops, I mean Columbia), our relatives rarely visit us willingly. However, now that we live here, our stock has risen. Last night we met Bob's second cousin Rob Lega from Colorado who was in town for business. We had met him once thirty years ago when he was 6. He was delightful and charming, as all of our relatives are. We had the usual pints of Guinness, pub grub, and a bit of craic. We had fun getting the scoop on several other long lost cousins. We also got an e-mail that another second cousin and his wife - Joe Harten - and his wife are visiting next week. We will get to meet them for the first time. In between, my cousin Mike M is arriving tomorrow for a much-anticipated stay with us...So, come on over! You can say you're our cousin even if you're not. We will give you céad míle fáilte. And a load of craic.

*I must credit my friend Pam McAllister with this clever term. I have been dying to use it for a few weeks, and now I have.

Meeting, greeting, and eating,

I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Had a grand time... Although due to the tangential nature of our discussion, I never did get to finish my diatribe on where I've been and want not. Nothing like a good pint from a pub in Dublin.

    cheers,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete