Monday, March 8, 2010

Bog Blogging

FMM: 1.5 mi

Top O' the Morning, Leprechauns and Fairies,

We are back from the bog. That's right. The Blog from the Bog is now authentic. Yesterday I realized one of my lifelong ambitions: I bounced on a bog. Perhaps you want to go to Mecca or Yankee Stadium. Me? I just wanted to jump up and down on a bog, and now I have. A bog is just like its eponymous blog: muddy, squishy, rough, desolate, windy, and covered in sheep dung... Our tours of Connemara, the Cliffs of Moher, and the Aran Islands were great, except that Marianne misbehaved and got in trouble with the tour guide. She was nearly put in timeout and not allowed to talk. You can imagine how this went over. She was devastated. And, once again, Bob, Crusher, and I came to her aid and offered our unwavering support...Today is Marianne and Crusher's last day :(. We will be sorry to lose our friends, our fun, and our drinking buddies... A big shout out to Bob on his birthday today. Maybe he would comment, but then I would know that he has indeed read the blog, something he insists he has never done..


Agog at the blog,
I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

7 comments:

  1. You can't leave us hanging without sharing Marianne's antics! And happy birthday to Bob, even if he isn't smart enough to read the Blog from the Bog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Dad! You are inching ever closer to being a "bog person." And now that I think about it, so am I!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Dad!! Love you!! Tim's comment is a bit morbid so I say you've never looked younger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol
    Well, if you must know. Marianne asked one too many questions while the driver was driving. He told her he could only answer her questions when he wasn't driving and she should just hold them! Of course, he did manage to answer a few of my questions later while driving along, but then I have always been a charmer... She was also reprimanded for attempting to eat on the bus. Again, I enjoyed a few chocolate bars, but I kept them well out of view. I've always been sneaky...So essentially she was told to shut up and obey the rules! People from Lebanon, IL sometimes have trouble with that..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hold up! So you are telling me Marianne was asking more questions than our beloved question master? I don't believe it! No one can ask more questions that dear old dad haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I still dont understand why we dont get to see pictures! I want to see you dancing on a bog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The level of sneakiness you speak of can be accomplished only through spending years of bus-riding with nuns! I'm a little disappointed in Marianne; I was hoping for an international incident. Good grief! I'd forgotten she is a recovering Lebanonite! This aging thing is starting to get annoying!

    ReplyDelete