Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blogger Seeks Stories

FMM: 3 mi

Hi, you knackered old readers,

It's finally happened. After 145 blogs, I've run out of things to say. Yesterday I didn't interact with a soul except a librarian who charged me a euro for an overdue book and a husband who asked me what was for dinner. In between times, I read a bit and watched episodes of _St Elsewhere_ and _The Good Wife_ and _Ballykissangel_. Do you think I need to get a life? I'm off to walk at the seashore. Maybe the ocean will inspire me. You can help too. Write and tell me your tales and I'll post them here. I'll even change names if you want me to. Really. Tell me anything..

Telling no tales,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tizzie,

    I wish I had some good tales to tell you. All I've been doing is work. We are now on 12 hour days, 7 days a week since this:
    http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=139161

    The video shows a little of what happened. It was scary. We are lucky that no one got hurt. I hope I get to see Molly a little on Sunday when she is visiting. Well, I better get to bed so I'm ready for another 12 hour day (on what should have been my Friday off) :/

    Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Here is my contribution. Last March I broke my wrist in Ketchum, ID. I'd been skiing down black diamond expert runs, bump runs, and bowls, but I slipped on an icy, FLAT sidewalk on my way to get a newspaper. Paul delighted in telling people that I didn't need ski lessons, but he was looking into walking lessons. One of my girlfriends got me out of the condo the day after surgery and took me for coffee. I had a huge orange cast and a big pink foam block under my arm (which was positioned subtly in the air). The barrista, who had a small Ace bandage around her elbow, asked me for my "story." I told her I didn't have a decent story (shameful in a ski town) and she told me I could have hers since she was almost done with it. She had slipped in tequila while dancing on a bar in a wet T-shirt contest. I told her thanks, but people who don't even KNOW me wouldn't buy that story! However, the klutz story was readily accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, it's only taken me a year to read your comment. I hope you're staying off the tequila. I know how you are. After all , I knew you when you were young!

    ReplyDelete