Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Morning After

FMM: 2.5 mi

Slainte, Leprechauns,

How was the green beer?

Are you still seeing visions of guys running around wearing green top hats asking "Who's your Paddy?"? Masses of people with green hair? Kids with fake butts inscribed with "Pog ma thon"? Weirdos on stilts accosting you? Men with moustaches striped in green, white, and orange (colors of the Irish flag)?

My advice? Have a hearty cup of Irish coffee. Or maybe 2 or three.

We saw all of the above and more as we wandered downtown Dublin awaiting the parade. It was a gorgeous day. St. Pat's Day is a national holiday here, so the streets were teeming with people. Mike chatted up a garda who revealed that Mary McAleese, the president of Ireland, would be passing shortly. We waved to her.

We cheered on our new favorite teams at a hurling match and an Irish football game at Croke Park.

We are off to County Cork shortly. I am not sure I'll have the internet, so don't worry if I don't blog for a few days; I just off cavorting around Cork and Kerry.

Dazed and amazed,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. Stayed home yesterday morning for the first time in months and finally found your blogs. I caught up on 100+ blogs... and enjoyed 'em all. Got you on my favorites now

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat's great, Kate (sorry for the rhyme)! Now you know everything I know. You should stay home more often and spend your time so productively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at upper crust with dawn and ben right now for my birthday wish you were here with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do, too. eat something yummy for me. tell dwan i got the package and will write her this week. happy early b'day. love and kisses, mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks mom!
    miss you tons mommy :(

    ReplyDelete