Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Red Carpet is Out

FMM: 2 mi

Hi, Everybody,

The suspense is building... My guests will be touching down on the Emerald Isle in about an hour. The airline must have known who they were dealing with (Marianne J). Despite a delay taking off, the plane is due to land ONE minute AHEAD of schedule...The temperature is mild today, so I will have them out on their FMMs (Forced Mile Marches) in no time at all. I have lasagna and lemon squares ready for consumption. You would think that after all these years, I would have expanded my repertoire beyond the two recipes I was able to make at age 21, but like Mom's fudge and Verlin's bread, some things just need repeating. That's better than saying I'm a lazy incompetent slob. And I realize I have no right to put my cooking in the same sentence as Verlin's, but like everything else here in the Blog from the Bog -- who is going to stop me?? Bob told me to tell my friends that I need to get off to make Mr. Breakfast for Mr. Hungry. You'll have to tune in tomorrow to see if I did.

A birthday shout out to Coady Magers!!! Nancy claims if I add shout outs that I will get more comments. So far that has never happened, but I'll try again.

Slaving and raving,
I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. A group of us who regularly have each other over for dinner have decided we either need to learn how to make some new dishes or get new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiz- me thinks you are going a little cabin crazy...cleaning, ironing, cooking. What's up with that? Hope Marianne is enjoying her visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol,
    Yes, I do need to make some new friends. Do any of you know anyone in Ireland looking for a strange wild-eyed, wizened crone who can't cook and can't stop talking? Send me some names.

    Cathy,
    You must have just started reading the blog; otherwise, you would know that I went mad
    months ago.

    Tizzie

    ReplyDelete