Tuesday, December 8, 2009

World Record Set?

FMM: 4 mi

Good day, mates and mateys,

Did you think I had forgotten you? I had to leave the house early this morning to get to Mass. I suspect that a new world speed record was set as Mass started at 8:04 and finished at 8:23. That's 19 minutes for those of you who aren't
awake yet. Yes, it takes considerably less time to go to church over here than it does in the U.S. Today they cut the readings down from two to one, and eliminated the Gloria, and the Sanctus. What will they think of next?... For those of you who didn't get the joke yesterday (you know who you are) -"tooth hurty"... Bob's still dragging himself through _Ulysses_ and won't let me turn on the TV at night. So, give me a call and wake me up from my evening couch sleeping... I have new snail mail! Jan H sent me a card of questionable taste, but I didn't mind. Donna Y sent me a nice card and even a new book to read: Patrick Taylor's _An Irish Christmas_. I can't wait to get started on it...Nancy will think today's blog is boring, so I'll write about her. Unfortunately, she has a bad cough that was just diagnosed as pneumonia and is studying for her first round of FINALS. She would appreciate any and all attention and encouragement...We are having company tonight, so I need to go count my clean cups and saucers.

Counting, cooking, cleaning, and complaining,
I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment