Monday, December 28, 2009

Shopping and Straightening

Happy Monday, Mates & Mateys (still don't know if that's a word; do you?),

We are still cocooning here in Dublin. We have solved our most pressing problem: we have officially purchased a European hair straightener. The girls can now go outside without scandalizing Dublin and perhaps all of Europe with improperly coiffed hair. Me? I much prefer the puffy bob look which my velcro curlers provide quite well, thank you. Another beauty secret: I've always dried my hair mirrorless while reading a book. So, who says timeless style and beauty must be costly or complicated?..We went shopping and to the National Museum yesterday. Alas, the turquoise leather gloves I had eyed to match my new hat and scarf were gone so I can't complete my look. I do love to match. However, I have noticed that the average age of the women wearing my hat style is 10 - 20 year older than I. No mind, I will singlehandedly make it fashionable for the "younger set". We are almost keeping up with the laundry and definitely keeping up on the eating. Are you?
Today we're off to Dalkey Castle.

Mothering away,

I remain

Mom/Tizmom/Tizzie/Tiz/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Whooray for a European straightener! I'm glad you finally gave in :)We'll finally have straight hair!

    ReplyDelete