Thursday, December 10, 2009

Talkin' Turkey

FMM: 2 mi

Good morning, snowbunnies,

Happy birthday, Sis! Keeping warm? It doesn't look like it online...I've discovered that frozen turkeys are a rare commodity here. I can get a fresh fresh turkey only if I pay in advance and sign up for the day I plan to pick it up! I can get a goose if I prefer. I have even received a coupon in the mail for a tub of goose fat. I didn't know I needed any, but maybe I do. There is no such thing as Crisco, canned chicken broth, or spray-on PAM or Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix here. My family will discover just how little I know about actual home cooking. I have kept my secrets sooo long. My family thinks Pepperidge Farm stuffing with Swanson chicken broth IS real stuffing. Verlin, are you sure you can't fly over Christmas eve and rescue me from myself??..I don't quite have all the travel arrangements made, but I have managed to further confuse and annoy more than one taxi service, tour operator, restauranteur, Bob's Irish cousins-he-has-never-met, and Timegan...Today is the day I will get organized once and for all for Christmas! How about you??

Confusing and annoying everyone I know,
I remain,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Tim and I are looking forward to a nice fresh goose for Christmas dinner. Tim would like a side of goose fat. Don't lose that coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really want me to cook your goose? Okay, you got it!

    ReplyDelete