Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Slackers and Snowflakes

FMM: 2 mi

Hi, Slackers,

Shame on you! Of all of the thousands of you reading Tiztalk (aka The Blog from the Bog) only ONE of you did your homework! Did you use the excuse Cara Magers Clapper used in preschool when her teacher would demonstrate circles, triangles, and squares and then ask the kids, "Okay, which one is a circle?" Cara would never answer, and the teacher finally asked why. Her reply, " You already know the answer so why are you asking?" Just because I know the answer to my questions doesn't mean that I don't want to con you into e-mailing or commenting below. In fact, that's just exactly what I'm trying to do. Only one of you gets a gold star today: Marianne Bilyew. She correctly noted that the 2nd or 3rd most spoken language in Ireland is Polish. That's right. During the Celtic Tiger, a 15-year period of unprecedented prosperity in Ireland, many Polish people immigrated here. Many of them are still here...Speaking of homework, I got mine done yesterday and I was the only one in my class who did. In fact, most of the class didn't even show up. Therefore, I had to read my "Favorite Childhood Memory" aloud. The teacher said that it had good rhythm as my sentences were mostly the same length. I didn't know I used this literary ploy, but I will pay attention from now on and count my words...I've put my legal case against my mailman on hold as as he DID deliver a heavy box to me today. It was a care package from Mary. She is convinced that I can't or won't feed my children when they come to visit, so I have received Jell-o, macaroni and cheese, Stove Top Stuffing, and Crystal Lite, etc. That sounds like Christmas dinner to me!..Have fun with holiday rush. Mary sent me some snowflake window clings, so I have an afternoon project now...

Clinging to snowflakes,
I remain,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Megan responded yesterday too, and got the answer right! I was wrong, as she also pointed out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot to check my blog comments..mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. POLISH???? Hurrah. Now I'll be able to talk to someone I can understand when I visit.

    ReplyDelete