Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Social Life Update, Reader Challenge

FMM: 2 mi


Good morning/afternoon/evening, friends/relatives/peoplewithnothingelsetodo,

It must be December 1 because I have plugged in my new 2' (.609 meters/609.6 mm/60.96 cm/and .00038 mi) fiber optic (Timegan know what that means) Christmas tree. It is quite lovely. I also lit a red candle, so I am now officially decorated for Christmas. Whew! It's such a good feeling to have that completed; I think I'll sit down, put my feet up, and have a hot toddy. I wish you could join me... I did find ricotta cheese yesterday, but no shredded mozzarella. Oh, well, cheese is cheese, right? Our guests Michael and Ginny did show up, and my lasagna was a hit as were my Betty Crocker brownies. In fact (I am not making this up!), Ginny asked me where I got the mix. So, you see, I am making you proud over here and spreading the American way of life...We went to the National Concert Hall for a choral and symphony concert. One young violin maestro in the strings group looked just like my young Columbia next door neighbor; he smiled all the way through and thoroughly enjoyed himself. This made us smile, too, and put us in the Christmas spirit. We also heard the Mass beautifully sung in Latin. Bob was able to sing a long. They also sang songs in Irish (Gaelic), German, and the # 3 (or # 2 depending on your source) language that is spoken in Ireland? Don't know what that is? The first person to e-mail me the correct answer will receive adulation in tomorrow's blog. What is the most spoken language in Ireland after English and Gaelic? Get googling! I think you'll be surprised; I was. The concert hall has a unique system of drink ordering. I haven't been to enough concert halls to really compare this to others, but I know that Jesse Hall in Columbia, MO does NOT have a system like this. You order your drinks for intermission (it's called "interval" here) before the show starts. At interval, you go out and check the cubby with your number on it and there are your drinks! It saves a lot of time and lets lots more people drink without waiting in line. Our friends insist no one ever comes along an steals your drinks from the cubby..Well, despite 2 weeks' notice I have not yet completed my HOMEWORK for tonight's creative writing class. And I thought my kids were bad. It's supposed to be rainy, windy, and cold all day, so I hope to get inspired. I can always start with "It was a dark and windy day.."

Sitting here waiting for you to e-mail me so I can put off my HOMEWORK a little longer,
I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Polish. That was my guess and was now confirmed with google. http://www.spainexchange.com/guide/IE-language.htm
    Tim guessed Italian.

    ReplyDelete