Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Living Better Electrically

FMM: 1.5 mi

Hi, Frost Bunnies,

The O'Connells of Ireland are alive and well, thank you. In fact, we are improving every day. Tim has set the Irish time on my phone, so now I know what time it is; I just need to figure out where I am. He has also retrieved all of my phone messages since last Sept. Thanks to anyone who called. He is threatening to set my computer to Irish time -- like I can figure out what time 14:27 is! Luckily, I have Mom's old watch and I know how to set it and read it quite well ..Molly and Nancy have informed me that my hairdryer is totally substandard (although my remarkably lush and thick hair has been dried quite satisfactorily for 4 mos) and when Megan leaves with hers we will have a major crisis on our hands. Molly is her mother's daughter as she managed to burn out the new $33 electrical converter for the hair straightener the very first day , so an even bigger catastrophe (no HAIR STRAIGHTENER!!!) is looming when Megan leaves on Saturday with her working converter. We have had a few electrical Adapter Wars, but so far our batteries and our patience are holding out, even in the direst of circumstances -- a 5 min delay in checking one's e-mail on one of the 4 laptops...We did take a tour of the Wicklow Mtns yesterday and managed to survive the bus trip without producing any evidence of our widespread carsickness. We braved the bitter cold to hike at Glendalough. Molly and Nancy think they've died and gone to heck (my kids read this you know) with all the forced marches in the bitter cold; however, we all know it's not cold down there, so I think they're wrong. Anyway, Bob is waiting for me to hike to the post office and pick up a Box of Love from Mary...Tim is threatening to teach me how to post pictures and use boldface on the Blog from the Bog, so watch out! The future is at hand!!

Walking and talking,
I remain,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment