Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Celebrity Stalking

FMM: 4 mi

Hi, Folks,

We're still at it - hanging out, sitting on the bed under blankets surreptitiously reading each other's e-mails, Facebooks, or Googles. (Disclaimer: Bob does not take part in this foolishness; he minds his own business and continues his plod through _Ulysses_). Later we pull out the air mattress, plop in front of the TV with yet more blankets and pillows, and continue to watch the BBC series _Doc Martin_. We will be lost when it is over...Of course, we do all this wallering only AFTER we have completed our Forced March for the day. Yesterday we went to Dalkey. Dalkey Castle was closed, but we found a few summit to climb, a foggy seashore to stroll, an island to photograph, and a few celebrity homes to stalk. Bono and Enya live there as does a very popular author. Molly is still laughing at my response to locating her home after interrupting an unsuspecting restaurant worker's cigarette smoke in a back alley. Molly claims she had never seen me so excited. This proves once and for all that I am a very shallow person. After raising my fist in victory, I "God blessed" the bloke who Molly had sheepish eye contact with as I (MOM-) ran from the alley to --okay I'll tell you -- Maeve Binchy's home. We took a few pictures in front of her house and deemed our stalking a great success. I know Marianne J is most excited at this moment and will demand a replay when she comes to visit.

We are going by boat and train to London tomorrow. We'll meet Tim and Megan. I am not sure of my computer or WiFi access; blogging is iffy. So, I will wish you all a Happy New Year today! May you enjoy a few hours of wallering yourself.

Walking, Stalking, and Gawking,
I remain,
Mom/Tizmom/Tizzie/Tiz/Liz/Elizabeth

Mom/Tizmom/Tizzie/Tiz/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. This comment is to supplement Tizzie's blog entry in regards to finding Maeve Binchy's house:

    I think I saw the equivalent of my mother winning the lottery yesterday when the Finnegan's pub ownder told us Maeve Binchy's home was "around the lane, Polly Villa."

    First, she jumped up in the air, clapped her hands over her head and then fist-pumped in excitment. After that she yelled back to the pub owner "God Bless You!"

    I looked back at the pub owner who was very amused by this behavior. Then as we walked up to the house called "Polly Villa" I think she almost started to cry as she said, "So she sits in there and writes those books. I can't believe she sits in that house and writes those books"

    After we took a few pictures and pretended to knock on her front door, we headed back to the DART to go home. The entire train ride home she kept saying "I can't believe she sits in that house and writes those books."

    We laughed about my mom's performance the entire trian ride home. I wish I had a picture of the jump-skip clap above the head and fist pump of joy to upload for all of you to see.

    My dad thinks the glass of wine on an empty
    stomach may have had something to do with her behavior. Truly a great day. Might have made the whole trip for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiz-who is this Maeve Binchy?? Just kidding. Paul is the "unstalker." We were skiing in Sun Valley with another couple when Paul decided to take an extra run while the three of us went into the lodge. We were sitting at a table when he came in laughing with another guy. Paul said this guy was singing on the lift and he (Paul) asked him if he was a local performer and where could he see him sing and the guy had a funny response. At the same time, the three of us said, "That's Bruce Willis!" and Paul turned around and said, "Where?" I thought Willis was going to crack a rib laughing. We see him frequently up there since his family owns part of the town of Hailey. I was leaving our locker area which requires going out through the ski shop. There was a woman in a full-length mink coat and heels walking out in front of me and I was thinking she was weird for wearing that outfit at a ski lodge. When she turned around, I realized it was Demi Moore. She walked out, her boy toy came off the slopes (can't remember his name), and they got on the BUS (was shocked) and rode into town. You'll be glad to hear that Demi had dirty hair and her skin didn't look too good...She still looks better than I do!!

    ReplyDelete