Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who is this? What is this?




FMM: 2.5 mi

Good day, Mates,

Do you know what kind of flower is above? I don't. It's in St. Stephen's Green. It also comes in orange. Do you know who is in the picture with me? I'll tell ya later..I went to the lunchtime play based on Oscar Wilde's story "The Birthday of the Infanta". I like noontime plays -- less chance that I 'll fall asleep. The Dublin One Read book is _The Picture of Dorian Gray_,so there are a lot of Oscar Wilde events this month. A book by a Dublin author is always selected. I reread _Dorian_ , and I would recommend it...The lady above is my new friend named France. We had a fun afternoon of shopping, going to an exhibit, drinking coffee, and chatting...I had an e-mail from Teresa Foster. She hopes that when I search my family history that I find a few cousins who are "full of craic" like me. She's so sweet...In other news, Nancy's billfold was lost and then found for the second time this year. Of course, it only got found after the card cancellations, but I didn't mind. What else do I have to do but sit on the phone with Master Card? All in the mother of a freshman's day, right? I would be ashamed to tell her all the things I lost or had stolen my freshman year at U of I. The list included numerous contact lenses,a billfold, and a full bag of luggage. Don't tell her, though, okay?..Off to walk at the seashore...

Still having your fun for you,

I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. As a master gardener from the U of I extension program, I get asked these questions regularly. Rat her than just give the answer, and you have time Tiz, check out this website:

    http://www.realtimerendering.com/flowers/flowers.html

    It will help you narrow down the kind of flower and you might see if there is a flowers of Ireland book that might give you even more info. Most guides to flowers literally are set up in a tree pattern where you keep answering questions and you narrow down the choices.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete