Tuesday, April 6, 2010

All Wet

FMM: 7 mi

Hi, Pals,

Been tickling any rats? Just wondering...Bob and I took yet another beach side march at Malahide. We were rained on, blown around, pelted by little pea-sized hail, splashed by cars driving through puddles, and, of course, ended up walking twice as far as we intended. Bob's only comment, "Aren't the rainstorms better here than in Missouri? No fear of lightning or tornadoes." I told him that my goal before I leave is to go to the ocean once when I'm not cold, wet, or with a group of fitness freaks, and sit on a bench as long as I want just looking out... We leave for Edinburgh (pronounced "ed'in burrow"), Scotland, tomorrow to meet the Fosters. To save $75, we are not checking any luggage. We'll show that greedy Aer Lingus! Who needs luggage? We plan to spend our $75 at a fine restaurant, preferably one that allows faded flood pants, water-logged tennis shoes, and green suede St. Pat's ball caps. I warned Teresa that I was adopting the 3 layered vagrant look. She seems okay with it... No blog tomorrow. Catch you on Thursday.

Cracking about not packing (Okay this one has no rhythm, but I am off for a haircut and can't spend all morning thinking of cute ways to sign off!),

I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

7 comments:

  1. it's looking dim, i'm out to get a trim
    thinking of tim..off to get a trim
    grinnin and trimmin

    i'm not a poet by any means.. and some of these aren't clever whatsoever

    ReplyDelete
  2. doin' my duty for beauty
    still cuttin' up
    shaggy and haggy
    hairy and scary


    I must stop. What I get for yakking when I should be packing -- at least a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Deacon Brodie's on the Royal Mile for dinner one night. Megan and I enjoyed it, and it has a nice story to it ("Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" was based on Mr. Brodie -- Robert Louis Stevenson is one of the three most famous Scots that you'll hear all about in Edinburgh [pronounced Ed-in-burra] along with Robert Burns and Sir Walter Scott.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two women were just arrested in the UK for trying to bring a corpse on board an airliner. Those bag check fees must be really onerous over there! Over here, there is an airline that is charging for carry-on that goes in the overhead bin! $45 a bag!

    ReplyDelete