Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Food for Thought

FMM: 7 mi

Hi, Ladies, Gents, and the rest of you,

Last night we went to a production of Oscar Wilde's works. I will leave you with a few of Wilde's quotations to ponder:

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

"I can resist anything except temptation."

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

"Biography lends to death a new terror."

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of use to oneself."

"My own business always bores me to death. I prefer other people's."

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between."

And, finally, one to which the Blog from the Bog firmly adheres:

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."


I am off to enjoy the beautiful weather. I, ladies and gentleman, am taking a book down to Stephen's Green and sitting on a bench until the sun goes down..

Quoting and gloating,

I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment