Thursday, April 29, 2010

Embarrassing My New Friends

FMM: 4 mi

Hi, Blogiphiles,

Yesterday my food intake was almost normal. My only aberration was having 2 glasses of wine for dinner. Note that I said "for" dinner, not "at" dinner. Yeah, that was my dinner. I was also shirtless and lying on the couch watching TV, but don't put that image in your head...Okay, let's move on..Earlier in the day I went to book club and had a lively discussion of -- you guessed it -- _The Picture of Dorian Gray_. Mercifully, Dublin's One Read series of events ends tomorrow, so I can officially put Dorian to rest. I went out to lunch in the lovely seaside town of Sandy Mount with two new friends, France and Melise. I had my purple patent leather wheelie cart with me. I was proudly extolling its virtues of as neither of them has one. I told them that it would revolutionize their lives. Both of them looked at me and burst out laughing. How dare they?? They said that they were perfectly aware of wheelie carts, but that they perceive them as the realm of women "of a certain age." They prefer to carry their items home in bags despite the inconvenience! Well, I'll show them. I am leaving this land in 6 weeks and guess to whom I am bequeathing my wheelie cart? My fancy friend France. I will leave her detailed directions for its use and perhaps a conveniently placed rain bonnet in the zipper compartment. Those aren't for "women of a certain age", too, are they?....Thanks for the SNAIL MAIL -- Marianne Juergensmeyer, Ann Shaeperkoetter, Nancy O'Connell. Keep it comin'...Bob comes home from Belfast tonight so I will hopefully get back to "normal", whatever that is...Mouse Update: Kit has not opened the door to the mouse-infested car in nearly 2 wks. It has either found a way out or she had better just leave that door shut...

Popping wheelies,

I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment