Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kells, Cliffs, and Clowning Around



FMM: 7 miles

Hi, Mates,

Look carefully at the picture. Notice anything? Bob and Scott have been stealing beauty secrets from me and Teresa. This picture flatters them because they are bending a knee, turned sideways slightly, and they should have had their chins raised. Don't they look like cover boys? We thought so, too..Now on to more important things (SURE, Tizzie..) Bob took Teresa and Scott to the Book of Hells (oops, I mean Kells) while I sat on a bench and read _The Picture of Dorian Gray_. We met our Irish friends Michael and Jenny Keane at a dinner/music venue called My Irish Party. When asked to sing a song, Michael did our table proud with a many-versed Irish ditty which brought down the house. Bob, Scott, Teresa, and I determined that we couldn't think of a comparable song to sing. Michael says he's experienced this before with Americans. Unlike the Irish, we don't sit around and sing much. Therefore, we have no clever American ballads to sing at the ready. Can you help us out? We are scratching our brains. Teresa suggested "Yankee Doodle Dandy", but we couldn't remember the words. I came up with a song Dad used to sing in the car "Ragtime Cowboy Joe". Any suggestions? Send them along, and start singing. You'll be prepared next time you have an opportunity to get up and show your stuff. I'll be singing "Turkey in the Straw" in the shower myself shortly...I have had further thoughts on Teresa's passport loss. It think I've figured it out. It's her new hair color. She used to be a level-headed brunette. Just a theory...Yesterday was a grand day of FMMing (forced mile marching for any newbies) on the cliffs at Howth, followed by a fresh seafood dinner, and a nightcap at O'Brien's Pub. Bob and Scott wonder what Teresa and I can find to talk about (many of you reading this mostly), but we haven't run out of topics yet. If you've done anything wild and crazy or scandalous, please let me know right as we have two more days to fill up with talk..Off to sight see. Maybe I'll surprise them with a little song as we wander the streets of Dublin...

Belting out while Celting out,

I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Here is an American ditty for future use:

    Grannie's in the cellar
    Lordie, can't ya smell 'er
    She's cookin' flapjacks on her durn ole stove
    In her nose there is some matter
    That keeps dripping in the batter
    She whistles as the (make sniffing sound her)runs down her nose

    No need to thank me. I only know high class stuff and I'm happy to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll be doggone, Carol. This sounds like a good one, but what is the tune??

    ReplyDelete