Thursday, January 7, 2010

Where's Tiger? Where's Tizzie?

FMM: 2 mi

Hi, Gentle Readers,

I know you are all dying to know what I did for New Year's Eve and where I've been keeping myself. I'm sure most of you have checked the blog hundreds - perhaps thousands - of times looking for answers. At least one of you wrote demanding that I resume the blog as you need it with your swig of whiskey in order to get to sleep each night. Unlike Tiger, I did not rent out a penthouse or invite my sleazier friends to cheer me up for the holidays,although all of you are proof that I do have plenty of sleazy friends. I didn't need to! I had my entire family at my disposal, and the girls are still here. Yes, we are in week 3 of our family togetherness experiment. Molly is "sharing my computer" which means that I have use of it only when she is not on a "Skype Date" with Cody or aimlessly checking Facebook. It's not fair! How am I supposed to waste MY time?..On Monday, a power outage disrupted my finely tuned clothes washing schedule leaving me with a striped dishtowel with which to dry myself. Unauthorized, Bob had stuffed two precious towels under the doors to curb the drafts. Unauthorized, the girls had used 2 towels each. As all the guilty parties were asleep, I broke down and used Molly's towel (she'll never know until she reads the blog so I'm safe for awhile.) We are now back to our choreographed, color-coded toweling system today.... We loved London and visited most of the major sights. We also saw _Chicago_ and _Blood Brothers_ on stage. It was rather cold, but the London Underground kept our forced mile marches (FMMs) to a minimum. Tim & Megan put us all to shame with careful planning and execution of their time. They kept the rest of us focused. They left Saturday. They agreed to fly a later flight home and -- like all my relatives but me -- they got upgraded to first class...Yesterday Bob, the girls and I hired a nice man named Harry to take us on a tour of Newgrange and other sights north of Dublin. For the first time in 30 years, Dublin had a significant snowfall of about 3 inches. All of Ireland came to a complete standstill and we got to sit in traffic for 5 1/2 hours. Harry was very good-natured and we sang, played games, tried to keep warm....So, while I'm not in a penthouse living it up with sleazy friends, I am being held captive in seclusion in my fourth floor apartment by my family who are making me cook their favorite foods and pay attention to them...I miss all of you. Send me an e-mail or comment on the blog so I'll have a legitimate reason to reclaim my computer from Molly for a minute or two.


Cooking, cleaning, and complaining,

I remain,

Mom/Tizmom/Tizzie/Tiz/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Yes, a new blog! I've been checking daily for a new post. You can try to password protect your laptop if you want to keep it all to yourself.

    Miss you guys.

    Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, what a great idea. I'll never tell and you know I am the queen of playing dumb when it comes to computers!! (Why, I have noooo idea why the computer won't work now!)

    We miss you, too!

    Love,
    Tizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was starting to worry... Glad you're back. Get a Facebook account and we can send inane comments back and forth. And if you're really bored, I'll invite you to be my neighbor on Farmville (don't ask). Carol

    ReplyDelete