Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Who Needs a Bath?

FMM: 4 mi

Good day, Clean Freaks,

You've probably taken your morning bath or shower by now. Not us! Dubliners have been ordered to curtail bathing due to burst pipes and water leaks. When I last checked online, we were able to take a quick "power shower." Since my family is asleep, I plan to rush in and get my water alottment. I'll be right back. Don't go away...Whew! You'll be glad to know that there was enough water for ME today here in the Fair City. It wasn't that hot, but, hey, water is water. Being the patriotic sort, I did my part by NOT washing my hair...Have you ever wondered whatever happened to the penny postcard? Me, too. It costs the same to mail a postcard to the U.S. as it does a letter: $1.20 (.82 euro). Postcards usually cost $.75 (.50 euro). Imagine my surprise when I asked Nancy how many postcards she had written to her friends this week. She had bought a few and raided my supply. Are you ready? 28. That would be about $55 worth. Needless to say, none of YOU will be getting a postcard from me anytime soon. Of course, this could have all been kept a secret from you-know-who if Molly hadn't thought it was funny and felt compelled to reveal it to a certain person who did Not think it was funny. Enough said! Our goal this year is to stimulate the Irish economy and no one can say that we aren't doing our part...The snow has melted and the weather has warmed up. Yesterday we went to Kilmainham Jail, downtown Dublin, to see _Sherlock Holmes_ (we all loved it), and to hear folk music at Bewley's Cafe. Molly is now getting my cold, so she and I were ordered to sleep together last night. Between snoring (I swear I don't do it) and being too hot, cold, or unable to find the box of Puffs between us in bed, we didn't fare too well. All are still asleep as I stand in the kitchen doing my duty to you, dear readers!

Bathing and raving,
I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment