Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Keeping Up With the O'Connells

FMM: 2 mi

Hi de ho, Ex-Neighbors and everyone else,

I don't exactly know what "hi de ho" means, but it must mean something. I'm waiting for Ned Flanders to e-mail me back...If you read yesterday's comments, you'll know that the excitement is building. Tiztalk (aka "The Blog from the Bog", pmandell, creator) is the buzz at Shakespeare's (a fitting venue) Pizza in Columbia..strangers are laughing about it on the ski slopes of Idaho...old sorority sisters are encouraging me to continue my blabfest (well, some things never change; that's probably how I got this way in the first place)....So, you know you are where you should be at the moment....Fulbright scholars, including Bob, have been invited to the U.S. Embassy tonight to be in the audience for a panel discussion on Obama's first year that is being hosted by Ryan Tubridy, a popular late night Irish talk show host. U.S. Ambassador Dan Rooney (owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers, for you lowbrows) will be there. I'm not sure when/if it will be on TV, but I do know how to DVR now thanks to Tim who told me I just have to push "record" on the black thingie...We started watching the first season of _The Tudors_. I'm reminded of the song "Who's Zooming Who?" Anyway, we are trying to keep the treachery and shenanigans straight...Today I am off to an American Women in Dublin book club. I haven't read the book - _The Story of Edgar Sawtelle_, but I'll surely think of something to say. And I am longing for coffee and conversation...

Wandering and pondering,

I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Check out the girl twins on the first season of the Tudors! Also, let me know if they talk about the Scott Brown election in Massachusetts and the consequences of that for Mr. B.O. After one year of unprecedented spending, policies to destroy the private sector, he is suddenly concerned about real job creation? From Dying and Crying in Michigan, Jan

    ReplyDelete