Friday, January 29, 2010

One Hundred Days of Solitude

FMM: 3 mi

Hello, faithful - and even unfaithful - readers,

I guess you're all wondering what is special about TODAY, aren't you? Well, wonder no longer. Today is the 100th entry in The Blog from the Bog! That's right. If you've been with me from the start, you have now read my drivel 100 times. Aren't you proud of yourself? (This fact could be substantiating evidence in a court of law to have you committed, so I wouldn't tell too many people if I were you.)

My goal was to write "100 Reasons Why You Read Tiztalk" (aka "The Blog from the Bog"). However, it is 12:30 here and I'm only up to 31. Believe it or not, I do have other things to do today, so here are they are:


31 Reasons Why You Read the Blog from the Bog

1. You have a great interest in Ireland.
2. You are nosy.
3. You keep accidentally pressing “tiztalk”on your “bookmarks” and you don’t know how to avoid that.
4. You had been looking for a site that features bumbershoot poems.
5. You are in detention and your teacher has made you read this blog over and over again.
6. You wonder why Nancy is so weird.
7. You wonder why Molly is so weird.
8. You wonder why Tim is so weird.
9. You wonder why Megan is getting weird.
10. You wonder how much wind a windbag could blow if a windbag could blow wind.
11. You know Bob and you can’t believe he is married to such a person.
12. Your job is so boring that even the Blog from the Bog is interesting.
13. You hope to have me committed and you are waiting to gather enough evidence.
14. You are committed somewhere yourself.
15. You love to hear about other people’s root canals.
16. Your friend told you it was funny and you’re still waiting to see if it is…
17. You want to see if I can ever convince some unwitting person to actually be my friend.
18. You’re curious to see how may FMMs (forced mile marches) and old bag like me can survive.
19. You want to show this to the Fulbright Committee so that they will vet all spouses in the future.
20. You’re waiting for me to forget which side of the road cars drive on.
21. You want to warn Maeve Binchy of my actions.
22. Your sleeping pills are getting too expensive.
23. You’re a venture capitalist thinking of starting a water fountain franchise in Ireland and you want to confirm that there aren’t any here. (There is only one working one in Dublin; the Blog from the Bog assures that.)
24. You are too cheap to buy a Dublin tour book.
25. You want to see how few comments a blog can inspire.
26. You are seeking out a skunkless place to live.
27. You are waiting to see what the final marketing slogan is for my plastic rain hat.
28. You want to see how many rainy days in solitary confinement a person can take without becoming a serial murderer (or a serial BLOGGER!).
29. You want to know if Bob will ever find “real Irish music”.
30. You are secretly conducting research on “Human Responses to Unannounced Water Interruption.” Please remove me from this experiment, OK?
31. You are pathetic.

Please send me YOUR reasons for reading the blog. I will share them with other readers and they will help me to better meet your needs.

We don't have so much as a crust of bread or a drop of milk in the house, so I am off to hunt and gather. I'm afraid the head caveman may come home and knock me over the head with his club if I don't have something to show for my time other than the above.

Listing when I should be desisting,

I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. 0You’re waiting for me to forget which side of the road cars drive on-- hhahah that's hilarious

    You can add, you're bored in geology and would like something slightly entertaining to read or Since i don't have a straw to figure out 100 things to do with i'd like to know what i can do with 100 posts

    28. You want to see how many rainy days in solitary confinement a person can take without becoming a serial murderer (or a serial BLOGGER!).---i wonder this everyday when i think about you.

    30. You are secretly conducting research on “Human Responses to Unannounced Water Interruption.” Please remove me from this experiment, OK?--- hah Yes I agree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,

    You're my biggest fan! I promise to prevent you from paying attention in class every chance I get. I mean reading about a blog from a bog IS geology, right? Maybe your prof will make it required reading. Ask him.

    Your biggest fan,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete