Friday, January 8, 2010

Cold Facts

FMM: 1 mi

Happy Saturday, Chaps & Chicks,

Shouldn't you be shoveling your walk or checking your pipes? It's freezing here with treacherous, icy sidewalks. That didn't stop the girls from a Thursday trip on their own to the Temple Bar area in open-toed stiletto heels..Nancy did admit she thought she might lose a toe or two. However, with a few encouraging and uplifting text messages from their mother (WHR R U???!!!) they made it there safely and back and even danced a jig or two and made a few friends along the way.... Last night the girls made us tacos for dinner while we sipped wine - that I could get used to..We then watched our last episode of _Doc Martin_ (I think you can find episodes on YouTube if you're really interested) and the quintessential Dublin movie _The Commitments_ about a Dublin band the 1980s...Today it's more of the same with an invitation to our Irish friends' home this evening...

Hope you're keeping warm.

Wining and dining,
I remain,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Careful of the icy sidewalks. Last spring after skiing black diamond runs and fields of moguls (not that kind, Tizzie!), I managed to slip on an icy sidewalk, breakke my wrist,had surgery with pins, and gimped around with a cast for 10 weeks. I stunned even myself with the level of complaining and whining I managed. Here is a YouTube for you: search on "Carol Burnett" and "elephant story." I laughed myself silly over it. Carol

    ReplyDelete