Monday, January 25, 2010

Facts and Figures

FMM: (FMM = Forced Mile March) 6 mi

Hello, Everybody,

I just returned from a walk with the seashore ladies. There is quite a sensational murder trial going on in Dublin. As you might expect, I am right in the thick of it. Okay, well, I have walked past the murder site several times - including today - and been barked at by the accused's dogs. Evidently, the man snapped after his wife accused him of not feeding the birds or taking out the garbage. The case has riveted the city as the couple was quite prominent....Some of you are curious about Irish fashion, especially if you are planning to visit. On my 1 mile walk to the train, I conducted an informal survey. I counted all the people wearing black coats. There were 66 out of about 85 people. Either the Irish are very bleak or black is popular...On Saturday's bus ride, I counted the number of times a man sitting behind me used the F word (I stopped counting at 65) in his conversation with his "friend" (Is someone your friend if you threaten to beat him up and send him to the hospital??) Ever vigilant, I took a good, hard look at both of the men as I departed the bus just in case I need to identify either one! I fear that my new counting fixation may soon lead me on the path to Mom's favorite driving pastime: counting J.B. Hunt trucks!! Heaven help me! ...I do have some facts and figures for you to ponder since most of you live in Illinois or Missouri:


Ireland: population: 6,200,000; area: 32,599 sq mi

Missouri : population: 5,600,000; area: 69,709 sq mi

Illinois: population: 12,900,000; area: 57,918 sq mi


Staring and comparing,
I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. hahah no one has commented in like a week and a half so i'm going to comment. You're very unpopular. No one reads this. Life in Dublin sounds like it sucks since there isn't any water. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nancy,
    well, i'll take any comment i can get - even an insult! you try writing a popular blog and getting anyone to admit reading it! no water again tonight, but we're getting used to it. we like living naturally. who needs water? i've forgotten how to flush the toilet. saves me lots of time and energy each day. miss you!!! mama

    ReplyDelete