Friday, January 22, 2010

Secrets and Surprises

FMM: 4 mi

Happy Saturday, Folks,

Shouldn't you be insulating your walls or taking down the Christmas lights? Well, I have my housework done for the week, so I'm here for your time-wasting pleasure...Molly had a dinner party last night at our house. She is following in her mother's culinary footsteps. Instead of lasagna and lemon squares, her specialty is tacos and margaritas. I wish I had been there to join in the fun. I hope she served pudding and Jell-o for dessert...I did get a haircut so as not to shame the U.S. ( YOU, by proxy) by my appearance. Molly colored my hair while she was here, so now I look like a young Liz Taylor -- velvety black hair, fair skin, and I'm working on the come-hither looks. I'm hoping I don't look like an OLD Liz Taylor...Bob and I went to see "It's Complicated." I knew it was the ultimate "chick flick" but I played dumb and didn't reveal that. Bob fell asleep during the first part calling it a "total cliche" (older man marries younger woman, regrets it, and longs for his classy ex-wife - Meryl). However, he woke up and admitted that it did get better and that parts were quite hilarious...We walked home happy and smiling until we entered our apartment and discovered that our old friend had returned -- no, I would welcome one of you drunk and passed out on the couch -- waterlessness! Once again, we are going into the weekend without a drop of water in the tap. Luckily, I still have a good supply of water on hand. In fact, if you looked at the containers of water in and around my kitchen, you would think Y2K was coming. If this "water interruption" lasts long, I will have to don sunglasses for my secret missions to the Burlington Hotel to steal water and, well, I won't go into detail as this is a family blog... So, enjoy your shower, and have a scrub on me!

Smelling and telling,
I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment