Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm Flush

FMM: 3/4 mi

Good morning, Civilized People,

I rejoined you yesterday at 1:20 when water began to dribble out of my tap. I probably haven't had so much fun flushing a toilet since I was a toddler. I had to curtail the urge to flush it again and again. Anyway, we have clean sheets, towels, hair, bodies, dishes, and I've even met a few neighbors while foraging for water. One of them, Mary Lou, is meeting us at O'Brien's Pub tonight. So, life is looking up...Of course, my brother Tom had little sympathy for my plight. He reminded me that while he was in Alaska working on the pipeline-- about a century ago -- that he didn't have a bath for 143 days and he brushed his teeth with Tang or coffee and had a garbage bag for a toilet. He proclaimed it a "simple life"...

Flushing and blushing,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment