Thursday, November 19, 2009

They're Coming to Take Me Away

FMM: 0 (BAD Weather)


Hi, Everybody,

Molly Malone here pushing my purple patent pushcart through the streets of Dublin singing, "Alive Alive 0, Alive Alive 0, I wonder if I am Alive Alive O"... Do you think I've been alone too much? Several of you have called me this week, so you must be worried about me. Remember in college when people walked into the room and encountered me and Pam they often ended up BACKING out of the room, usually in horror and confusion? Well, I think a few of you who spoke to me this week would have BACKED out the room had you been talking to me in person. And maybe called a shrink to make a housecall or a judge to issue a gag order. Anyway, I have calmed down. I haven't called the Postmaster General of Ireland and demanded that my lazy postman/woman be fired for not delivering packages to me. I haven't called the IMA (or whatever they call it) to have any physicians' licenses revoked. Nor have I assaulted anyone behind me at the grocery store for trying to rush me while I searched for the cheapest bottle of wine in Dublin. (It's called "Blossom Hill"; Bob was dismayed and afraid it might be similar to Strawberry Hill, but actually it tastes just fine.) I vowed and did take my own sweet time bagging my own groceries in my own bag while those folks in line with a salad and a chicken breast just had to wait their turn. I let the checker sigh all she wanted to. If they want me out of there in a hurry they need to provide a bag boy and a bag! If I had had a car I might have run into someone just for the heck of it a la Kathy Bates in _Fried Green Tomatoes_, but I only have my purple wheelie, so the streets of Dublin are safe for now...I did get started on my creative writing HOMEWORK (Aside: Mary insists that when we were kids, all of us had homework, but that I always had HOMEWORK and that I insisted on whining and complaining and bringing the whole family into my situation. Now I don't remember doing this, but I will say that Nancy has always had HOMEWORK while Tim and Molly only had ordinary homework..) My plans for today are to get out of this apartment come h*** (my kids read this) or high water!

Staying sane (almost),

I remain,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition to calling a shrink or a judge, your sister and I think we should add "Call the Priest for an Exorcism!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to be exorcised. Just tell me when and where. I need something to do today.

    ReplyDelete