Saturday, November 7, 2009

Landscape, Lifts, Laurels, and Love

FMM: 3.5 mi

Hi, Friends and Foes,

I am looking out my 4th floor apt to an overcast, windy, cold day. I will venture forth eventually. If you would all write me an e-mail or two, I could contentedly stay inside longer....Perhaps you've wondered about the lift (aka "elevator") situation here. In fact, it was NOT working Mom's first three days here. However, Mom was a trouper, and we counted the 57 steps each time. She was always sure to thank Almighty God at the end of each trip for not being "too busy":> However, HE must have gotten distracted on one of our train rides as the train started moving while we were walking from one car to another. Luckily, two nice Irish blokes caught her mid-fall before any damage was done. Mary and I nearly had heart attacks, but Mom was oblivious.. While Mom was here, Bob Bridwell had a new ceiling and lights put in the den, the windows painted, and the carpets and chairs cleaned at 509 Marshall; we all applaud his efforts as none of that could have happened if the boss were home...In their own words, Mary's family was "barely functioning" while she was here. Hopefully, they are back to as normal as they get by now...Her little granddaughter Claire (2) did dash to greet her "MeMe" at the Indianapolis airport, creating what I can only imagine as a Hallmark moment... Nancy got initiated into Pi Beta Phi with Molly in attendance..Megan won the women's division of her first 6K race..
I'm off to entertain myself in the city. I will probably go lurk about another museum or two...Congratulations to CRAIG MANDELL and EMILY MILLER who are getting married today in Chicago!!!!! I imagine Pam is already up putting on her makeup as I am writing this. I'm sure she is the foxiest mother-of-the groom that Chicago has ever seen.

Coming soon: Book Reviews

Lurkingly yours,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment