Monday, November 23, 2009

Problems Solved!

FMM: 1 mi


Good day, blokes and folks,

I know you've all been wondering about my fashion idea. What fashion idea could T/T/T-M/M/L/E come up with that would sweep across the U.S. making her rich and famous once and for all? More later on that.

As Mrs. Magers often told her students, if you have a problem you can either own it or solve it. While I choose to own most of mine and whine about them incessantly, sometimes I figure out ways to solve them. Here are some solutions I've come up with lately:

No corkscrew?

A well-placed carving fork does the trick. A little elbow grease and some loud exhortations (can't repeat as my kids read this, you know) help the process. I will advise that paperclips, toothpicks, and regular forks don't work. Using this method actually improves the wine's flavor - or at least your ultimate enjoyment of it.


No basting brush?

Pour oil on your hands and rub the chicken. It works just fine and can be rather therapeutic.


Too cheap to buy nail polish remover?

Just let your toenails grow out and the polish eventually wears off. Then you can take a pointed nail file and scrape the rest of it off. This whole process only takes about 3 months, and no one wears sandals here anyway.


Umbrellas all bent and broken?

***Here is my fashion idea***Remember those plastic rain bonnets that tie under your chin? That's right, the kind Mom still puts on after she gets her hair done? Why carry an umbrella around when you can pull a handy rain hat out of your pocket and put it on? I really do think a plastic rain cap would complete my look -- purple wheelie cart, outdated light green jacket, worn out running shoes, and granny jeans...Molly, please ask Cody if he will get on this right away. I think this idea could take the world by storm (no pun intended). I need a marketing campaign... I will take your suggestions for slogans. Please send them to me and I will publish them right here on the Blog from the Bog. You can even be anonymous. Don't you want to be part of the Next Big Thing?


Always thinking (not always clearly),
I remain...

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. what's your plan for the fungus that starts growing on your toe nails when you were toe nail polish for too long *cough* 3 months *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what's a little fungus in the whole scheme of things? It grows like mad over here anyway.

    luv,
    ma

    ReplyDelete