Friday, November 13, 2009

Tea (I mean Coffee) and Sympathy

FMM: 3 mi

Begorra, everyone,

I'm not exactly sure what "begorra" means, but chances are you don't either...Did get to Howth to walk with the seashore ladies yesterday. The only problem was it was raining and blowing torrentially (I take that back about them having only wimpy un-Midwestern caliber rainstorms here) and no one showed up. My friend Maire finally called as I was taking cover under St. Fintan's overhang and offered to pick me up. She took pity on me and we had coffee and chatted for a couple hours. I must say that the Irish people are very generous with their time, and I was grateful to have a friend on a rainy day. It was grand, as they say here...Bob and I went to our "local" last night. I think 2 of the bartenders know us, but we aren't exactly part of any gang. I'm tempted to stage a fall or get into a big row with Bob some night just to bring attention to us. Then they could say, "That's that old broad who lives across the street who fell on her a** (my kids read this, after all) the other night after rowing with her husband, that nice gent in the tweed cap." I'll keep you posted on the success of my attempts at popularity or at least notoriety...The big news is that I was able to contact one of Bob's first cousins who lives here. Bob has at least nine first cousins he has never met as their parents stayed here in Ireland. She is Bob's age and seemed very happy to be contacted. She said she would set something up with her siblings so that we could all meet. Bob and I are excited about this. If any O'Connell cousins are reading this, please e-mail us with any info you have on the cousins here. We don't know a thing.

Happy Friday to all of you.

Off to hunt and gather,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. haha where do you come up with this stuff? That's the old braod that fell on her as* ( my mom is reading this after all) after getting into a brawl with her irish capped husband. That cousin news is really cool though!! I can't wait to meet them.

    ReplyDelete