Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mother Load

FMM: 3.5 mi

Hi, Blogites,

Back for more, huh?..It is dark, raining, and windy here. We currently have about one hour less daylight than you. It's too rainy and windy to walk with the seashore ladies, so I'll be home with me, myself, and I today... Yesterday I shifted into "mother mode" or should I say "mother load". I hiked to the store not once, but twice with my purple wheelie cart. ( A short aside on the purple wheelie cart. Some concern has been expressed about my lack of decorum in pushing around such a vehicle. I must only revert to one of my mother's more memorable mantras: "Nobody's looking at me." It's true. However, I have thought of searching for a matching purple patent leather raincoat just to see if I can at least get the gypsy woman who sits in front of the grocery store to open one eye or one of the young sophisticates dressed in black having a cappuccino to point and snicker with her friends.)..Okay, I'm back. Now if I can only keep the interesting cereals and cookies - well,it depends on if you consider McVitie's Digestives "interesting" - hidden from Bob and myself until Dec. 19 when all the kids are arriving, I'm off to a good start. Nancy, I did locate lasagna noodles, but they are short and seem to go in a square, not rectangular pan, so be prepared...I have also purchased towels in different colors to assign everyone so that we won't be grabbing the wrong ones off the floor..er, I mean towel racks. Tim and Megan, yours are hot pink..

Holed up on a rainy day in my 4th floor apt with stores of food that can't be touched,

I remain,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. hahah get the gypsy woman to open up her eye hahaha. You crack me up. That's good that you located some noodles though!! I love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete