Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Secret Revealed

FMM: 2.5 mi



Hi, Curious and Curiouser,

I have figured out why the Irish are so literate. No mystery to me why there is an overabundance of readers and writers here: nobody wants to go outside. I wish I could play a soundclip of the wind for you. I did the next best thing; I went to Weather Underground and compared the wind in Columbia, MO to that in Dublin. Here's how it breaks down:

DUBLIN: Wind 37mph, Wind Gusts 55.3 mph
COLUMBIA: Wind 11.1 mph, Wind Gusts 21.7 mph




Nonetheless, I am determined to take a break from darning at the peat fire today... There was a nationwide strike by public employees here yesterday. It shut down many venues, including Bob's school. So, we had the day off to explore, but nothing was open. We did what you would do: nothing. We read, watched TV, and had my kids' favorite dinner: popcorn...No one has sent in a jingle or tagline for my my plastic rain hat campaign. Get busy, you slackers! Do you think you can read my blog for free? Here are a few I have come up with:

"My hat's phat." ( I must appeal to the 14-39 demographic).."How Dry I am." ( the rights to this song must be available)..Surely you can do better than this! So reply below or send me an e-mail. As you can tell, I'll read any drivel you send.


Winding through the wind like an old windbag,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

6 comments:

  1. 14-39 is not a demographic range ...just saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some suggestions for your rain "hat":
    1: Maude's Melon Bag
    2: Granny Poncho
    3: Blue-hair protector
    4: Plasto-bonnet
    5: Hair condom
    6: Little Clear Riding Hood

    I'm sure one of these can be marketed successfully with some glamour shots of you wearing the hat in the rain happily wheeling your wheelie cart. "Get yourself a Plasto-bonnet! Umbrellas are for dorks!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim,
    As they would say here, brilliant! I think we're onto something. I would even be willing to dye my hair blue if necessary. I'm available for a photo shoot when you are here -- will need someone who knows how to use the camera..

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy,

    Judging from your comment, I think you need to reconsider your major in marketing.

    Love,
    Your mother

    ReplyDelete
  5. excuse me mother but after taking marketing class i know that you aren't supposed to market to that HUGE of a range becuase there is such a huge range or lifestyles in that range. That's what i meant. Thanks for killing my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stand corrected. I guess you are already smarter than your mother after 3/4 of a semester in college. That didn't take long. Thanks for the heads up! I love you. Happy Turkey Day!

    mama

    ReplyDelete