Thursday, May 20, 2010

Some Broads Abroad

FMM: 4 mi

Hi, Friends & Fam,

Donna and Dana from Chicago via Rome have arrived! I once more have a purpose in life: eating, drinking, and being merry. We dined and drank on O'Connell Street then ended up at the Arlington Hotel watching Irish dancing. At the end of the evening, Bob pulled his usual trick when asked, "Is it close enough to walk home?" I truthfully announced that it was a 35 min walk while Bob insisted it was only 20-25. Who did they believe? At least it was a beautiful evening. Their FMMs have begun...Due to volcanic ash, Donna and Dana spent 3 extra days in Rome. Although they missed seeing me, they did talk rather excitedly about unexpectedly seeing a famous man named Benedict. Perhaps you've heard of him? ..The good news is that Donna and Dana get to stay here until Sunday. Donna and have I picked up our wisecracking repertoire where we left off last time and her patient daughter Dana (23) has acquired another old broad (me)who doesn't know east from west or how to turn up the volume on her cell phone. I think her mother has also kept her busy locating the "@" symbol on Italian computers and deciphering how to make international phone calls with calling cards. She has even needed to instruct her mother on the proper pronunciation of the word "blog". Does anyone really know how this this made-up word is pronounced? Now if she can figure out how to get photos onto Bob's computer and then onto this blog, we're all in luck. This time I predict that Dana will be my visitor who needs psychiatric care after she goes home. After all, she has been with her mother for 11 days and 3 more just got added with her mother's old cackling crone of a friend. Nonetheless, Dana is young and strong and I have high hopes that she can withstand this assault on her sanity and her very being. She even seemed quite interested in Bob's description of reading _Ulysses_...In other news, I am off to the Howth Yacht Club today. Don't laugh! I was officially invited by one of the Seashore Ladies. I will brush off my black pants once again and try to behave myself. However, it is supposed to be hot today, so let's hope I'm not perspiring in my polyester... Perhaps you're wondering where my guests will be while I'm off hobnobbing with Dublin's elite? At the Book of Hells - er I mean the Book of Kells -, of course! A friend gave me two free tickets, and I have graciously shared them with my friends....

Broadening my horizons every day,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment