Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gussying Up a Gissa

FMM: 4 mi

Hi, Folks,

Tonight I am headed to the American Women of Dublin's Fashion Show. I know, I know, I'm hardly fashion show material. In fact, I've never even been to a fashion show. I decided to attempt to improve my image by buying a new outfit to wear to the show. My total clothing purchases since arriving 9 months ago include a turtleneck (4 euros), a sweater (7 euros), a St. Pat's green hat (3 euros), and my big ticket item-- a winter coast (67 euros). That totals 81 euros or about $105 by today's exchange rate. I did arrive on these shores with two new pairs of jeans and a new top. Nowadays I check my jeans each morning to make sure the knees haven't worn through. Like the ugly stepsisters in "Cinderella", I attempted to squeeze myself into the latest European fashions. I've decided that they don't have people of my stature (in more ways than one!) over here. At the fourth store, I heard someone call my name. It was my friend France who is also going to the fashion show. We agreed to have coffee and revive our fragile egos. Ultimately, we've both decided on the usual solution: we are wearing our black pants tonight...

Shopping then stopping,

I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. you also bought a fake pair of uggs! for 5 or 7 euros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. And a bra for 8 euros which I have now turned from white to gray..

    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahah yes you did turn it from white to gray. I though it was a bit of a gray and white tie dye though

    ReplyDelete