Thursday, May 27, 2010

Guest of Honor

FMM: 8 mi

Hi, Friends & Fam,

My farewell parties have begun; surely you've started planning my welcome home parties, haven't you? If not, get busy! My friend Marie hosted a smashing luncheon for 8 with a gorgeous menu. They use the word "gorgeous" to describe food here; in fact, the food was gorgeous, and I wanted to take a picture of it. I should have because you probably won't believe me. Here goes: a huge salmon served cold, smoked mackerel, prawns (aka "shrimp"), crab salad, tossed salad, fresh moist brown bread and butter, chicken salad, carrot salad, potato salad, tiramisu with ice cream, free-flowing wine, and coffee. We enjoyed several hours of good craic before I finally had to say good bye at 5:00 PM -- my second 4 hour lunch within a week. I am sad to leave my faithful walking friends. We have enjoyed many happy hours walking the hills and enjoying the ocean views in Howth. Their friendship has been a blessing, and I was humbled to have them go to so much trouble for me...Meanwhile back in Dublin Nancy's friend Marie Schulte had arrived from Prague and was reading a book in the Burlington Hotel lobby, patiently awaiting my return. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? I was only 90 minutes late. What's a girl to do? Stop talking?... Nancy and her two friends arrive in a few hours. Soon we'll have a full house of 6. Can't wait for the fun to begin...


Partying on,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment