Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Compliments I've Received

FMM: 2 mi

Hi, Bloga and Blogus,

If you took Latin, you'll understand the salutation. I must be getting reflective in my waning days of Irish captivity. I have been focusing on nice things people have said to or about me. Don't worry; this won't take long. My dentist here remarked, "I wish I could get the Irish people to floss like you." Well, if you move to a foreign country and have an abscess, a root canal, gum cyst surgery, and your husband breaks a crown, believe me you are a most motivated flosser. With my eating habits, I am walking around with floss hanging out of my mouth most of the day...Donna's daughter Dana told me that my purple patent leather wheelie cart is much "cooler" than her mother's black mesh one. I have style and I didn't even know it.....Bob thanked me for last night's "delicious dinner" (a frozen Tesco brand quiche, salad from a bag whose expiration date I refuse to reveal, and a left over mini muffin). He was serious, too. Aren't you curious what a bad dinner would be around here?...The young Latvian man who cut my hair thought it was very thick or at least I think that's what he said. He could have been saying "ick" or "sick"....My friend Pam told me that I should write a book. She's been telling me that for at least 38 years. She said that I couldn't write _Ulysses_, but I could write something "quirky". Well, I think I have been writing _Ulysses_ all year, in a quirky sort of way right here on The Blog from the Blog. And I know Nancy feels like I've been gone for 20 years....I'll try to think of more compliments while I'm off hunting and gathering..

Pondering while wandering,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment