Friday, May 28, 2010

Baby's Back



FMM: 2 mi

Top O'the Morning, Saturday Slackers,


Nancy & company have arrived. We had a joyful reunion at the airport... The girls have already learned that "speaking English" has its own meaning in Dublin. Jessica thought the customs official was telling her to "have a nice day", to which she effusively replied, "Thank you, thank you sooo much!" He was not amused as he was saying, "How long is your stay?", and he expected a proper answer. I also had to tell Jessica to stop smiling and hang onto her purse and scowl like me (I have it perfected) as she was being approached by nice-looking young men collecting for animal charities on the street. She said that she was so happy that she couldn't stop smiling and she LOVES animals. Ah, youth! I knew I needed a breath of fresh air...Despite jet lag, they managed to stay awake at -- you guessed it -- the Book of Hells, er I mean Kells. They loved their visit to a newly-opened tourist attraction: The National Leprechaun Museum. (I wonder where the International Leprechaun Museum is?) They liked the room where everything is huge and you can pretend you're a leprechaun. Heck, I experience that every day. I was thrilled to have Marie close the kitchen window for me as I usually have to climb up onto the kitchen counter to do it. They raved about last night's lasagna, so now my hostess duties are complete, right? At least my cooking repertoire has been exhausted. It's ham sandwiches and chips from here on out...Today they are off to see the world -- at least they will be once they wake up...


Hosting a big slumber party,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

P.S. It's Saturday. Faithful readers know what to do. Don't put it off. Get up now and set those mousetraps!

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Glad everyone arrived safely and is having a good time. A question: did the girls dress alike on purpose? As for a scowl for the animal folks, I had to use the same approach for the whale people at the Denver Airport--when the mean look didn't work, I told them we were American Indians and were allowed to EAT the whales. That did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame on you, cold-hearted wench. May a whale never eat YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the girls have their Sperry boat shoes on!! They are darling aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete