Monday, May 10, 2010

Cousins!



FMM: 1 mi

Hi, Friends & Family,

Pictured are Bob's new-found cousins: Ann, Margaret, and Daniel. They were floored by how much Bob resembles their late father. They couldn't stop looking at him. Their father stayed in Ireland while most of his siblings - including Bob's dad - emigrated to the U.S. in the 1930s. We had fun catching up on each other's lives and families. Bob learned that his grandmother -- who died in the 1930s - was noted for her beauty. She was a teacher; however, she didn't teach in a school building. She taught in a Hedge School where classes were held outside near bushes, bridges, or sometimes in barns. In defiance of British rule, the Irish set up these schools to ensure that Roman Catholicism as well as Irish history, tradition, and ancestry could be taught... The cousins gave us a warm welcome and a lively tour of Tipperary, or "Tip", as the locals call it...In other news, my laptop hard drive has or is crashing, so I am at the mercy of Bob's willingness to lend me his laptop...

Grinnin' and kinnin',

I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that Dad finally got to meet his cousins!! That's too bad about your computer... what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine since no one commented on my comment I will comment again! Now Tip the cat has 2 meanings for her name!! The white tip of her tail and Dad's motherland :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I must sneak my computer time and try to figure out your dad's settings, etc. My computer is kidnapped for 7-10 days. It just started messing up. I love the Tip connection! Now I'll never get rid of that cat!

    ReplyDelete