Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tonsils, Teeth, Tudors, and Toyota

FMM: 1.2 mi

Good morning, people with even less to do than I,

The teeth problems go on in our family...If Nancy's wisdom teeth don't get taken out soon (next scheduled date: Wed, 2/10), I'm going to send my brother Tom to Columbia with a razor blade, a string, and a pair of pliers. On second thought, he would actually love the job; I'd better not give him any ideas...Turns out her latest problem isn't her teeth, but is tonsillitis. She is recuperating at home with Molly as her nurse. Since we left town, Molly has gotten lots of on-the-job training in the health care field taking care of her sister. She's learning what it takes to deliver first rate health care AND beefing up her resume simultaneously, right? I'm not sure she sees it that way. I'm reminded of my Aunt Rose's ploy to her children, "I'm going to let you help me set the table."....Meanwhile, I am still waiting for pre-approval for my gum surgery..Guess what MY IRA has stock in? That's right. Toyota! Aren't you jealous? And I thought things couldn't get any worse. Retirement is overrated anyway, right, folks?...Bob has given up on _The Tudors_, but I have been trying to get Season 1 watched before it has to go back to the library. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it, right?..I'll bet you didn't know 6 people from Ireland are nominated for Oscars, did you?...

In a tizzy,

I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I finally got a new car last summer (Taurus retired at 19 years because the damn thing kept working!). Guess what I got? Yes, a Toyota, but it is a Prius, and until a couple days ago, I thought I was out of the woods. We'll see. Actually, I think the stock will come out alright. I worked with many Japanese companies on sourcing components and modules. When a product failed and they had a recall, they made everything right and somebody high up always got fired. They just posted strong numbers. The fact that Toyota completely stopped selling AND manufacturing cars in question is an unprecedented move that I've never seen taken by any other car company. The real issue will be if the US government mandates that everyone must buy a GM car since it is owned by the government. Then I'd worry about Toyota stock! In the meantime, I haven't had a single problem or even hesitation on brakes or accelerator.

    ReplyDelete