Thursday, February 25, 2010

Music & Musings

FMM: 1/2 mi

Hi, Folks,

Our guest room was filed last night! I feel like the old crone in the fairy tale who finally got an unsuspecting child to enter her cottage in the woods. It was a nice young composer Tim's age who was here to listen to a choir try out his new work. We went and listened, too, in a small, ancient church downtown. Afterward, we came back and he satisfied my motherly instincts by enthusiastically eating a hearty plate of leftovers and a piece of toffee cake. He was so nice that I fixed him a little "snack" to take on his train ride home. His wife is a Fulbrighter studying the use of the cello in traditional Irish music...I'm off to the brick and mortar bank to see if the transaction I thought I made last night truly occurred. Readers over 50 won't ask me to explain...

Mothering and hovering,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment