Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Limerick at Last

FMM: 1 mi

Slainte (Irish word for "Cheers"; pronounced: slan' cha),

Woke up early and composed a limerick while still in bed. The quality of it suggests that I needed a few more hours of sleep. However, since you are obviously hard up for ways to spend your time, here it is:


There once was a Yank in Dublin
who went there to be with her hublin.
She wheeled through the streets,
looking for treats.
Found none, so she just went a pubbin'


Send me a limerick you wrote. If it is up to my high standards, I'll put it on the Blog from the Bog...Insurance companies and hotels continue to torment me. I must get the proper pre-certification number for my gum surgery or suffer a $500 penalty! Do they really think a person would have her gum cut open and her sinus stitched up just for fun?? The hotels are keeping up the old bait and switch. Every time I try to make a reservation, somehow the cheap rate is not available...Nonetheless, I did get us tickets to the Aran Islands...I ran into a nice young man at the grocery store while looking at valentines. He told me "I have to get my f****** girlfriend a valentine or she'll f****** kill me!" Some day when I see you in person I'll have Bob (as I wouldn't do it) demonstrate the unique Dublin pronunciations of the F word...

Still wacky and yakky,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment