Saturday, February 20, 2010

Celebrities and Cysts

Welcome back, Saturday Slackers,

You'll be happy to know that the de-cysting was a success. My cheek is swollen, but it doesn't hurt a bit. The hospital's business model was strictly Ryanair: no frills. I couldn't have taken home a souvenir if I'd wanted one as there were no boxes of kleenex, plastic water pitchers/cups/"convenience bowls", soap, shampoo, or even hand towels in the bathroom. Nonetheless, I had fine doctors, nurses, and plenty of attention. I enjoyed working on the very first New York Times crossword; do you know when it appeared? (Answer at the end)..While I was recuperating, where was Bob? You guessed it! At O'Brien's Pub. He sat down next to an Irish celebrity and had a long conversation. Okay, since you must know, it was one of the judges on our favorite Irish TV show: An Jig Gig! That's right. He sat with Breandán de Gallaí and even got his autograph "for his daughters". I miss all the fun!...The first NY Times crossword appeared Feb. 15, 1942...Off on the bus to Bob's barber in Stillorgan...

Swelling and telling,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're doing well. I was worried that the cyst might get in the way of talking, which is a horrifying thought! I guess my having coffee with Jodie Foster (well, she was at the table next to me on the mountain...) pales in comparison to the Jig Gig Guy! You're really getting into the Irish culture! By the way, Jodie Foster is about as big around as my left thigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, who wants Bruce Willis and Jodie Foster when you can have Jedward and Brendan??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could give us a summary of the various popular shows? Or maybe it was in earlier posts? It would be interesting to hear about what is the rage over there!

    ReplyDelete