Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Limerick

FMM: 2 mi

Hi, Pals,

No, I don't have a limerick for your today, although I have spent a few minutes attempting to compose one. Maybe tomorrow...Actually, we just returned from three days in Limerick City. Bob's dad was born near there. It's about he size of Columbia, MO, and the University of Limerick - a very modern large campus - is located there. We had dinner with a professor and his wife who send their children to an Irish language immersion boarding school for one year when they are in 7th grade. I didn't know such a school existed, but some people are willing to do what it takes to see that the Irish (Gaelic) language survives. All Irish students are required to take Irish, but few adults claim to be able to actually speak it. I met a new Fulbright scholar at UL and guess where she is from? Indiana State. I had fun talking with her about Terre Haute and Paris, IL. She has biked through Twin Lakes Park..While Bob was off professorizing, I went on the _Angela's Ashes_ tour. The tour guide was a childhood friend of author Frank McCourt, so he he had lots of tales to tell. Ask me anything...Nancy's wisdom teeth surgery truly is today. Hooray! She is being nursed by Molly and Dawn...I've discovered that there's not a big tradition of sending valentines to anyone but your husband/girlfriend/boyfriend, so if you're planning to get a valentine from me, forget it! I can't find any...Big news: we have a date to meet Bob's long lost cousins later this month...FYI: Cleveland is NOT where _Family Guy_ takes place. You'll have to check the last blog's comments to see the correct answer...Also, if you went to St. Mary's School, you might be interested in a letter I received yesterday from a very prominent person from our past...e-mail me and ask me.

Tricking and schticking,

I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment