Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trip Planning

FMM: 3 mi

I am planning Mary and Mom's upcoming visit. I have been making big decisions like "What would be more fun -- listening to an Irish storyteller or watching an Irish music show?" I'm also trying to figure out how to get us to the other side of the country (Ireland is about the same size as Missouri) in order to visit my grandmother's birthplace: Kenmare, County Kerry. She was born there in 1874. I'm told it's now a very exclusive vacation destination, so maybe we'll just settle there for good. Knowing Mom, she can probably come up with a deed that shows we own a prime piece of real estate there. If there ever was one, I'm sure it's still at 509 Marshall Street.. I got Bob to watch his first episode of "The Office: An American Workplace" (as opposed to the original British version of
"The Office "). He wondered why all the characters keep looking at the camera. How does one explain that? He didn't find it too funny...I was thrilled to find a show I recognized; I'll probably be back to watching camogie (that's Irish girls' hurling for those of you who weren't paying attention yesterday) tonight...Visited the library. I got a digitally loaded MP3 of Bram Stoker's (a Dublin writer) _Dracula_. I'm told that all I have to do is put in my earphones and listen. You can think of me listening to it as I go about my business (a very loose term, I know) today. Hopefully, I won't scare myself to death or shriek or jump as I walk down the street. I don't think anyone would notice as I talk to myself all the time walking down the street now and no one pays a bit of attention...Anyway, I'm all blogged out.


Vamping away,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. you need to pick up your forced march! you're letting your average fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YO mom you need to put some pics up on here... too many words to look at - add some pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't figure out how to add pictures. I will give you some if you want to try...I'm glad to hear from you, long-lost daughter Molly.

    You're right, Nancy, my average is going down and I even had one day of below a mile. I'm so ashamed. When you come, we can work on upping the mileage, ok??



    LOL
    Mama

    ReplyDelete