Saturday, October 17, 2009

Leaves, TGIF

FMM: 4 mi


Hi, weekenders,

Hope you enjoy raking your leaves today. I'll be thinking of you..I did get my book order and now I have 8 brand-new books awaiting me..It is like having a giant chocolate cake on the counter. However, I am finishing_Away_ by Amy Bloom before I dig into my book stash...Bob and I went to this great new restaurant last night. It's called TGI Friday's; ever hear of it?? :).. Anyway, we enjoyed the advertised "American" fare. Bob even had a Miller beer, not a Guinness. However, he did have a little mishap while trying to swat a gnat. He knocked over his full glass of beer...and you thought only I did such things...Today we plan to look for a coat for Bob. He liked his co-worker's coat and made note of the brand: North Face. (Aargh! Where is a sale at Kohl's when you need it??) Anyway, there is rumored to be a North Face outlet here (don't tell Molly, Nancy, or Megan), so we will go on a forced march to find it today... Some of you have asked if I have found myself a coat. Sadly, no. At this point, I am in a 6-year-old light green hooded coat of undetermined origin; Bob is in a blue Gap windbreaker that I got him for $6.99 years ago. (Tim used to have one identical to it, but I suspect Megan has gently encouraged him to throw it out by now)..Enjoy some R & R. Go, Mizzou!

I remain,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. and you wonder where my north face obessesion come from

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually still have the blue windbreaker. So far, no negative encouragement, but probably because I haven't worn it in a few years. Did Dad at least get that gnat??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evnetually, he got the gnat, then another showed up! Initially, we liked our coats just fine until we found ourselves wearing them each and every day for hours and hours then we begin to see their flaws and ourselves looking a certain way in the mirror/store window one time too many! Also, that blue coat doesn't really breathe, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete