Friday, October 23, 2009

Does She or Doesn't She?

FMM: 7 mi

Good morning, blah-gies,

I don't have much to say, but that that's never stopped me before. I have stirred up quite a controversy over my hair color debate. I had no idea you all cared about me so much...I had intended to let my hair go au natural and grow to its own length while here. What better chance does one have to glimpse the future? I must admit that I was rather curious to see myself in the natural state. Perhaps my original beauty would show through and I would save myself a lot of time and money. Well, I've had a preview of the future and --well, let's just say I wish I hadn't bought that other mirror and hauled it home..Nonetheless, I have not given up my resolve yet. You know that my ultimate goal is to buy one of those cute houses across the street from the library in Columbia and walk back and forth with a large tote bag (or now I could even use my wheeled cart) and my grizzled long gray hair flying over my oversized glasses as I wander the library selecting and returning books while muttering to myself and becoming yet another colorful character on teh Columbia landscape....Well, keep sending me your thoughts as I weigh my decsion. Mary is threatening to bring a bottle of hair color. There are at least two things I have never done before: color my own hair or paint a wall...I will keep you posted.. Another question: Why do bangs in the eyes look so fashionable on Jennifer Anniston or Cameron Diaz yet quite different on me? Just wondering..Today I am off on a 6-7 mile journey to pick up a wheelchair for Mom. Bob has given me a map and marked my way, so I can't go wrong, right?.. Nancy says that I've been writing to many WORDS (what am I thinking??) so she doesn't read the blog all the way through. When she comes, she can show me how to Twitter. I know how to write a haiku; does that help??..Speaking of Nancy..her Homecoming skit which she spent about 100 hours rehearsing was voted "worst one of all" on the Greek Chatline. It was also voted that way by the judges. Hopefully, her psyche will recover from this dissing... Molly has invited 8 former sorority sisters to our house in Columbia for Homecoming. There are moments when I'm glad I'm 4,000 miles away..I may not be able to keep up the blog after next Monday when Mom and Mary arrive. I will do it when I can and resume on or about Nov. 6...

Rooting (pun intended)not rotting away in the Emerald Isle,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Well, if you do let your hair go long and grey, you will make a great witch for Halloween. All you will need is a pointy black hat, broom, and cauldron. Or, I guess you could use the mop you had to lug back from the store out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great suggestion, Tim. And black is a very in color here, too, so I should be able to complete my outfit. You know I can cackle and I've always scared small children.

    Ma

    ReplyDelete