Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Signing Onto Google, Books

Hi,everybody,

FMM: 6.5 mi


Some of you have suggested that it would be more fun if you were able to post comments on the blog. I agree! All you need to do is set up a Google account with a name and a password. You can even comment anonymously. Please let me know if you have problems doing this, and I will check into it. Come join in the fun that is the Blog from the Bog or whatever you want to call it!... I walked downtown with Bob yesterday and discovered -at long last - the well-known shopping area called Henry Street. It has variety, selection, and even bargains; I would have enjoyed it even more if it weren't pouring down rain all morning.. Never mind, I can take you there when you come visit...Went to Eason's Bookstore and lurked about so long that I think they sent someone to stand beside me! I am a rather sinister looking character. And I was holding a small unpaid-for map of Edinburgh under my mini spiral notebook while I scribbled book titles. I have been scouring the bookstores to come up with titles to order with my Amazon.uk gift certificate that my bunco friends gave me. Ladies, if you're reading this, you'll be happy to know that I ordered 8 books this morning. Thank you!...Since you're all so nosy, here are the titles I've ordered: The Other Hand (Chris Cleave), Born Under a Million Shadows (Busfield), House at Riverton (Morton), Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Larsson), We Need to Talk About Kevin (Shriver), Tethered (MacKinnon), Noah and the compass (Ann Tyler)...Got a nice surprise phonecall from Rita Schulte yesterday. I was thrilled to hear from her. Remember you can call me on my Vonage phone with no international charges. Just dial 573-234-4541

Yours truly (mostly),

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. Mom, I think you mistyped your phone number. The area code is 573, right?

    Also, I've never heard of any of those books. Are they "Oprah Specials" or something?

    Love, Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they are NOT Oprah specials. They are just books I've investigated since arriving here that look interesting. I hadn't heard of most of them until recently either.
    You're right. I will change the number. Oops.
    Love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Tizzie, if you can read this I have successfully created a google account! I'm surprised it was so easy.

    Yeah! Glad you ordered some books. Maybe Bob will let you sit home and read on a rainy day.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tiz, Let me know what you think of the books as you read them. A short review would be nice. I am always looking for a good book but too busy to really get serious about it. I have stacks of magazines that I subscribe to and never get through those. Enjoy your blog and reading about your adventures. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will do, Jan. I've had lots of time to wander bookstores and the ones I picked were recommended by the staffs of the stores-- usually a good sign!

    t

    ReplyDelete