Thursday, October 22, 2009

Travel Planning

FMM (Forced Mile March, for you newbies): 1 mi


Hi, Blokes and Babes,

No one wrote to say that my blog is very late today...I hope some of you are still reading it..If you must know, I slept in then went to walk at the seashore with my friends. I almost have all of their names straight : Dympha, Marie (pronounced "Mary"), Aggie, Carmel, and Susan. They have given me lots of travel tips to help plan Mary & Mom's forthcoming visit...I spent 8 hours at my netbook making final arrangements yesterday. I blame Megan for making me a netaholic (or should I say a netbookaholic?) since she persuaded me to get my own laptop in August. I don't know what I did with my time before. Well, let's not go there...I've always had a hard time explaining myself... Anyway, I turned off the computer at 4:00. Bob didn't think I could go all night w/o checking my e-mail or playing Free Cell, but I did! I used real playing cards and did a crossword with a pencil while Bob watched soccer. So there!..Mom, Mary, Bob, and I have plans to go to Kenmare, County Kerry next weekend. Mom's mother was born there in 1874. We hope to go to the church where she was baptized...Bob is taking his first education class after 30 years in the classroom. It's about time, don't you think?.. He has had to write a 750 word "philosophy of education" and to teach a mini-lesson yesterday (all of us education majors know what that is, don't we?). He will get an educational certificate at the end of the year...Last night we went across the street to our local pub, O'Brien's. So far, I wouldn't say anyone knows us by name, but a bartender or two recognize us. They had what we thought was a "happy hour" advertised on the wall. We mistakenly thought that drinks were cheaper from 5-6. Turns out the the ad is only for OAPs. We learned that that means "Old Age Pensioners" over 66. So, now I know of at least two benefits to being old here: free public transportation AND cheap liquor.....To my kids and Columbia friends -- my resolve to let my hair grow out long and free to its natural color is waning...What should I do?

Sincerely (mostly) yours,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

P.S. Teresa, they have wonderful malt balls here!

1 comment: